Thanks!!
                                    -Tom

“EASIER SAID THAN DONE”
 By Tom Tognaci

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9782051

“Lay your head upon my shoulders.”
“Put your little hand into mine.”
Now, these are the words I wish I told her,
But these words, they never came to mind.
A second chance?
Well, only God could grant me one.
But that’s a lot easier said than done.

Maybe, I’ll write a song that will touch her
Bigger than the Beatles’, “She Loves You (Yeah, Yeah, Yeah)”
Or, maybe I’ll write the song for dancing real slow
With my arms around her and toe to toe.
A top 40 hit and I’ll be her number one

~ Instrumental ~

So, maybe I’ll make a film for the big screen,
One where the hero gets the girl.
And I’ll write the two of us in every lovin’ scene,
Just to prove our love can save the world.
And I’ll win an Oscar for this hero I’ve become
Yeah, easier said than done
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:43:48 AM by IronKnee »
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 11:07:35 AM »
can't get it to play, I click on play hi fi and get nothing..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 05:44:41 PM »
can't get it to play, I click on play hi fi and get nothing..

Thanks for trying :-\...........it's working now, however ;D
                                                            -T
                                                          -IronKnee

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 11:42:30 AM »
I like it!

I kind of wanted a bit more of a lift around the payoff line as that's really your chorus (BVs? power chords? not sure).

But great song concept with nicely written lyrics. And well performed.

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 02:07:32 PM »
Really like it, fun song. Love the yeah, yeahs near the start. Great idea.

Lyrics concept is great and is followed through really well. Vocal is awesome, with a twang and wink in your eye I feel  :)
Thought we could have a resolution at the end of it, just saying you'll have to express yourself in simpler way than making a movie etc.

Just on a point of production, would love to hear some bass in there. Some many synth basses available you could use, or even play it on guitar and transpose it down an octave or two. Would sound so much better with a bass.

Anyway, top song!

Tom.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 03:07:25 PM »
Hi Tom,

Cool song. I could imagine Tom Petty doing this.
Agree with the other Tom that it is crying out for some bass.
The Beatle's "Yeah, yeah" part is a gem. Can't imagine anyone quoting current artists 50 years on - not in a good way anyhow! ;D

Very good vocal.

Digger

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »
Hey Tom

Cool song! Loved the conversational lyrics and vocals, also the super jangly guitar work.
Wasn't sure about the "head on my shoulders" part or how it fit? Another vote for a bass guitar too!
The beatles ref was clever and well executed :)

Great entry to the contest!
Paul

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 06:03:15 AM »
I like it!

I kind of wanted a bit more of a lift around the payoff line as that's really your chorus (BVs? power chords? not sure).

But great song concept with nicely written lyrics. And well performed.

Hey Adam.........thanks for stopping by. And yea....I write 'em as I hear 'em. I used a variation of power chords, and I'm not sure what BV's are ??? But in the end, I'm glad you like it!
Thanks ;D

Really like it, fun song. Love the yeah, yeahs near the start. Great idea.

Lyrics concept is great and is followed through really well. Vocal is awesome, with a twang and wink in your eye I feel  :)
Thought we could have a resolution at the end of it, just saying you'll have to express yourself in simpler way than making a movie etc.

Just on a point of production, would love to hear some bass in there. Some many synth basses available you could use, or even play it on guitar and transpose it down an octave or two. Would sound so much better with a bass.

Anyway, top song!

Tom.

Hey there Tom........and thank you, as well. Yea....I would love to hear some Bass in there, also. However, even though I (reluctantly) use those dry drum loops on extreme occasion, I prefer the real thing, over anything synthesized.......but, that's just me. I don't have the time, these days, to learn another trick. It's all I can do to lay down the tracks with what I already know  :P

And as far as some resolution..............it never occurred to me, with this particular song :o

Thanks again!!!

-IronKnee

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 07:15:34 AM »
Sorry, BVs = backing vocals...  :D

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 09:48:19 AM »
Loved this Tom! The first few notes made me think of Springsteen - a sort of Born to Run era riff and sound. I also get the Tom Petty reference. Equally as positive. But most positive of all I can really imagine Bob Woodruff covering this. I hope you've heard of Bob - but most haven't - yet he's one of the finest singer-songwriters in the country genre for many a long time, and he's just on a come-back after a couple of decades in a drug-addicted wilderness that would have made Charlie Parker wince. Right up there with the best.

Great lyrics, and as others have said, really like the Beatles reference. Maybe the country thing was a bit tongue in cheek, but I hope not :-)  I love this style. I've really like all your stuff you've posted - we must have a similar set of influences / likes. Last time out I said I was looking forward to the next one and you didn't disappoint. But you've just raised the bar... :-)

A pleasure to spend time with your songs.

Cheers
Derek

PS Bob Woodruff info. I think you might like him, if you're not already:

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/article/Bob-Woodruff-is-the-best-country-singer-you-never-1701205.php

http://www.houstonpress.com/music/lonesome-onry-and-mean-the-disturbing-ballad-of-bob-woodruff-part-1-6778285
West Country Country Boy

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 05:56:46 AM »
Hi Tom,

Cool song. I could imagine Tom Petty doing this.
Agree with the other Tom that it is crying out for some bass.
The Beatle's "Yeah, yeah" part is a gem. Can't imagine anyone quoting current artists 50 years on - not in a good way anyhow! ;D

Very good vocal.

Digger

Hi Digger...thanks for the encouragement.......it means a lot!!

Hey Tom

Cool song! Loved the conversational lyrics and vocals, also the super jangly guitar work.
Wasn't sure about the "head on my shoulders" part or how it fit? Another vote for a bass guitar too!
The beatles ref was clever and well executed :)

Great entry to the contest!
Paul

Hi Paul....good of you to stop by...thanks!!
That line referenced a song in which the "hero" wished he had thought to say. Instead, he stood there silent and awkward. Later, he thought of a bunch of things he could have done to get a little closer to the girl.  :P

Sorry, BVs = backing vocals...  :D

There's no "standard" chorus in this one........all verses bridge to the hooky point :P
Thanks again!

Loved this Tom! The first few notes made me think of Springsteen - a sort of Born to Run era riff and sound. I also get the Tom Petty reference. Equally as positive. But most positive of all I can really imagine Bob Woodruff covering this. I hope you've heard of Bob - but most haven't - yet he's one of the finest singer-songwriters in the country genre for many a long time, and he's just on a come-back after a couple of decades in a drug-addicted wilderness that would have made Charlie Parker wince. Right up there with the best.

Great lyrics, and as others have said, really like the Beatles reference. Maybe the country thing was a bit tongue in cheek, but I hope not :-)  I love this style. I've really like all your stuff you've posted - we must have a similar set of influences / likes. Last time out I said I was looking forward to the next one and you didn't disappoint. But you've just raised the bar... :-)

A pleasure to spend time with your songs.

Cheers
Derek

PS Bob Woodruff info. I think you might like him, if you're not already:

Thanks for the most gracious comment............It means a lot.
All this music I do is something that I love to do. I've never earned a single thin dime from any of my songs......but, I have, however, received countless hours of enjoyment from my endeavors.
Again....thanks Derek!

Thank you everyone!
                                             -Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

refusedrevival

• Solo Gig
    • Refused Revival
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 08:36:19 AM »
Hi,

Nice song, I like the feel of the song. I also get Tom Petty and also little bit Byrds reference.
The guitar solo could be more powerful.

Good work!

refusedrevial

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 09:31:16 AM »
Hi, definitely getting the Tom petty vibe! Agree with the other comments about the bass. Not really my genre but there was a natural warmth to the vocal and the subject so that drew me in! Nice guitar sounds that fitted well with the overall arrangement.
Cheers
Jamie

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 01:14:54 PM »
Great stuff Tom. I'm. A real sucker for a good melody and this song has got that. Love the jangly guitar and think the vocals work really well. Love the intro too.

Cheers

John

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2016, 10:09:23 PM »
Nice idea and well played n sung. The punchline is a good one, and in itself very Tom Petty but like somebody else said it kind of fell a bit flat. Sorry don't know what you could have done to give it what it needs....yeah maybe some harmonies on the repeats of the line...I don't know.

The song's got a nice pace and feel to it...just missing a bit of a punch!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer