(NEW SONG) CATCH A FALLING LEAF

• 36 Replies

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 09:47:50 PM »
Sorry,It's not very helpful as a "critique" mate,but I echo the voices before me.A very nice song throughout.No nits from me.Well done to you and your pal. ;D
Leo

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 06:18:49 AM »
Sorry,It's not very helpful as a "critique" mate,but I echo the voices before me.A very nice song throughout.No nits from me.Well done to you and your pal. ;D
Leo

Thanks Leo

Sandeep

JonathanSmith

• Busker
    • Website
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 09:55:25 AM »
Oh yes, that's really great! What I liked was how I kept being drawn into it as the song went on, must be something in the groove. It wouldn't sound out of place on a 1967 compilation! Just lovely. Thanks for posting

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 11:54:46 AM »
A very dreamy atmospheric track Sandeep :) that kind of marching drum beat, makes it
almost hypnotic ::) the lyrics are really good and quite compelling  :)
Lovely vocals and strings...well the whole backing track is wonderful  :)
The production sounds top notch to me...Kudos :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:41:53 PM by crystalsuzy »

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 01:05:42 PM »
A very dreamy atmospheric track Sandeep :) that kind of marching drum beat, makes it almost hypnotic  the lyrics are really good and quite compelling  :)
Lovely vocals and strings...well the whole backing track is wonderful  :)
The production sounds top notch to me...Kudos :)

Thanks Suzy....very kind of you

Sandeep
Oh yes, that's really great! What I liked was how I kept being drawn into it as the song went on, must be something in the groove. It wouldn't sound out of place on a 1967 compilation! Just lovely. Thanks for posting

Thanks Jonathan

Sandeep

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 12:27:26 PM »
Enjoyed it a lot. I don't have a problem with the rhythm at the beginning of the lines - I do think there might be a syllable too far in the middle of one or two.

Smooth production and vocals - but felt a touch light in the bass area to me?

No matter, everything considered, all three pillars of a mighty song all present here: lyrics, melody and feeling.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2016, 05:27:19 PM »
Enjoyed it a lot. I don't have a problem with the rhythm at the beginning of the lines - I do think there might be a syllable too far in the middle of one or two.

Smooth production and vocals - but felt a touch light in the bass area to me?

No matter, everything considered, all three pillars of a mighty song all present here: lyrics, melody and feeling.

Thanks Adam and thanks to Big Fish for your comments on Soundcloud.

Sandeep

bigFishAndTheSmallPondets

• Open Mic
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2016, 07:12:14 PM »
Oh whoops! I commented on SoundCloud but not here!! Apologies. Here's what I said...

Reminds me of some of the dreamier, softer work of The Beatles, maybe during their Magical Mystery Tour/Yellow Submarine phase. Great work.

RM920

• Busker
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2016, 11:31:36 PM »
i like it alot. Kindof gives me the same vibe I get when I listen to Simon & Garfunkel. Can't wait to hear more.

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 05:57:00 AM »
Hey there Movin'.........This has a nice easy listening vibrato to it. Very comfortable without being to intrusive or demanding. Pretty cool............just the kind of music I need when doing homework, and such!
Good stuff!
                             8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2016, 07:47:22 AM »
Hi,
Like the intro, draws you in.
Nice melody and arrangement and the clear production draws you in.
Vocals warm. Good strings - they're a good simple musical hook.

Thoughts: dont think you need the doubled vocals all the way through. The bass should be louder. And yes few of the lines seem a bit hurried and if possible should flow with the rhythm of the song as its one of those grove tine you don't want to interrupt.
Good work
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2016, 02:11:51 PM »
Hey there Movin'.........This has a nice easy listening vibrato to it. Very comfortable without being to intrusive or demanding. Pretty cool............just the kind of music I need when doing homework, and such!
Good stuff!
                             8)-Tom
Thanks Tom, very kind words especially when I see the quality of your last song.

Sandeep
Hi,
Like the intro, draws you in.
Nice melody and arrangement and the clear production draws you in.
Vocals warm. Good strings - they're a good simple musical hook.

Thoughts: dont think you need the doubled vocals all the way through. The bass should be louder. And yes few of the lines seem a bit hurried and if possible should flow with the rhythm of the song as its one of those grove tine you don't want to interrupt.
Good work
 :)
Neil

Thanks Neil...we did lose the backing vocals on our final mix, and increase the base line, but we still having our internal debates about the final mix.

Sandeep

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 11:36:14 AM »
Hi Sandeep,

I like this a lot.
That gentle synthy sound in the background just drifting around beneath the plod of the piano is lovely.
The vocals are processed very well and carry the song very well.
Great write.

If you don't know the band, check out Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - you may find them to your liking. (My fave is Diamond Dew)

Digger

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 09:56:35 PM »
Hi Sandeep,

I like this a lot.
That gentle synthy sound in the background just drifting around beneath the plod of the piano is lovely.
The vocals are processed very well and carry the song very well.
Great write.

If you don't know the band, check out Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - you may find them to your liking. (My fave is Diamond Dew)

Digger

Thanks Digger for your comments, I checked out Diamond Dew,, and will listen to the other songs too. Definitely a touch of the Beatles in the Yellow submarine/ White Album era.

Regards

Sandeep

Cove

• Busker
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2016, 02:27:53 AM »
great stuff...vocals and harmony are awesome! This reminds me of the sixties folk/pop scene..like The Mamas and the Papas and Spanky and Our Gang only with a new twist... enjoyed this very much!