(new song) Anyway you feel.

• 23 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« on: October 28, 2016, 08:39:01 AM »
With trepidation I approach the large creaky door into the spooky/apocalyptic space that has become the forum, with bated breath and my index fingers placed before me in the shape of a cross, I stumble to the posting area while ghoulish looking gargoyles vaguely resembling forum members appear then disappear from the deepest recesses of the new forum dungeon....I place my latest song, THEN RUN LIKE THE WIND OUTA THERE..AAARRRRGGGHHHH... :) :) :)

Hi all...A song about unrequited love...bit of a change from a song about apocalyptic death and stuff eh!!
if you take a listen, I thank you.. :) :)

https://soundcloud.com/knmac/any-way-you-feel-by-knmac

I never know you, you come and go just as you please,
the answer lies within you, I'll never see,
I wonder why I'm always alone,
and why your love is always, to go.
you can love me,
any way that you feel,
if it's the only way,
I can be close to you, x 2

I know that somewhere,
your love is hiding you don't want to see,
I'm searching desperately,
You never go there,
the road is empty with no destiny,
I run it breathlessly,

Guitar solo...

you can love me,
any way that you feel,
if it's the only way,
I can be close to you

My night is empty,
I know you'll tempt me once again,
I wait in vain to see you,
never complain,

I wonder why I'm always alone,
and why your love is always, to go.

you can love me,
any way that you feel,
if it's the only way,
I can be close to you, x 2 ©KNmac

Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 09:48:29 AM »
Lovely acoustic guitar sound accompanied by lush strings. Outstanding arrangement and production which we have come to expect from you Kev. Liked the laid back guitar solo as well. Only thing was, it didn't scare me too much  :)

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 10:25:54 AM »
Lovely acoustic guitar sound accompanied by lush strings. Outstanding arrangement and production which we have come to expect from you Kev. Liked the laid back guitar solo as well. Only thing was, it didn't scare me too much  :)

Hi pomp....I'm still hiding behind the sofa so I reckon we've all been scared enough mate.. ;D ;D
ta for the listen and positive comments.. :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 02:35:12 PM »
It is lovely, as all your songs are. I like it a lot and can't think of anything to improve it.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 05:14:11 PM »
It is lovely, as all your songs are. I like it a lot and can't think of anything to improve it.

you are too kind.. :-[ :-[thank you,
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 07:18:07 PM »
Great stuff! Love the guitar sound at the beginning and the really tasteful picking. Your production is pretty spot on. Everything sits exactly where you want it to, especially the vocals which are crisp and clear.  I love the vocal melody when you say "I'm searching desperately" and "I run it breathlessly." Those bits are really pretty.

If I had to nitpick I would say: I wonder if it's necessary to repeat the chorus on the first time? I know the backing changes, and the guitar begins to strum, but I think that repetition that early in the song, and especially in a slow song, detracts from it a little. You want the first minute and a half of your song to breeze by.

The guitar solo is so lovely. All the backing is, actually. Just as with Dust of Tomorrow, the backing cutting out and it dropping back down to acoustic picking took my by surprise. But it is a good surprise. Makes your songs really interesting.

So yeah, good work again!

PS. Something completely unimportant and not pertaining to the song. I think your title should be 'Any Way You Feel', with the space between 'any' and 'way'. The word 'anyway' is used when something happens in spite of something else ie. I told you not to do that, but you did it anyway. Whereas this is two words, like how you wrote it in your lyrics.
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 07:33:14 PM »
Great stuff! Love the guitar sound at the beginning and the really tasteful picking. Your production is pretty spot on. Everything sits exactly where you want it to, especially the vocals which are crisp and clear.  I love the vocal melody when you say "I'm searching desperately" and "I run it breathlessly." Those bits are really pretty.

If I had to nitpick I would say: I wonder if it's necessary to repeat the chorus on the first time? I know the backing changes, and the guitar begins to strum, but I think that repetition that early in the song, and especially in a slow song, detracts from it a little. You want the first minute and a half of your song to breeze by.

The guitar solo is so lovely. All the backing is, actually. Just as with Dust of Tomorrow, the backing cutting out and it dropping back down to acoustic picking took my by surprise. But it is a good surprise. Makes your songs really interesting.

So yeah, good work again!

PS. Something completely unimportant and not pertaining to the song. I think your title should be 'Any Way You Feel', with the space between 'any' and 'way'. The word 'anyway' is used when something happens in spite of something else ie. I told you not to do that, but you did it anyway. Whereas this is two words, like how you wrote it in your lyrics.

Hi Jack...thanks for the listen, the interesting comments..and the English lesson :) :)
the title is meant to be like that because the person being sang about just does what the heck they want anyway!!! so I though it made the title a little bit more interestingly obscure..maybe.. ;D ;D

best, Kevin
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

HenryOFarrell

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 09:34:53 AM »
The guitar picking sounds awesome, and really fits with the vocals. Great concept for a song to!!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 10:46:53 AM »
Great song, Kevin...

I loved the intro so much...I would - perhaps strangely - have loved to have heard it carry on right through the song without the other instruments coming in...the acoustic sounds really great and the solo is lovely...

I'd love to hear a "bare bones" version...though I think that particular boat may already have sailed  :P

Brilliant work...I genuinely don't know how you do it  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 02:49:13 PM »
Great song, Kevin...

I loved the intro so much...I would - perhaps strangely - have loved to have heard it carry on right through the song without the other instruments coming in...the acoustic sounds really great and the solo is lovely...

I'd love to hear a "bare bones" version...though I think that particular boat may already have sailed  :P

Brilliant work...I genuinely don't know how you do it  :)

strange you should say that..I was gonna put 2 versions up..one of them a bare bones version but I thought, hey..why subject the listener to a boring version when i can make it more interesting..
so I didn't!!
maybe I should've...
cheers for your kind comments Paul, :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 02:53:14 PM »
The guitar picking sounds awesome, and really fits with the vocals. Great concept for a song to!!

thank you my friend, nice of you to listen and comment.. :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

boolio

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 05:25:07 PM »
Hi,

I'm pretty dumstruck really...this is simply superb, 'nuff said...! Well apart from saying your authentic and unique style never fails. How do you do it!?   :)  :)

Cheers Phil
https://soundcloud.com/user-938884922

Quavers, Crotchets, Doritos. What's the difference?

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 08:37:54 PM »
this is exquisite kevin... what a cracker!
smashing guitars & a beautiful crystal clear sound
you have experienced more unrequited love in your songs than a person should have to & I realy hope you find the right girl for your songs soon ;D
that is such a gorgeous solo it sounds like hank marvin minus his tremolo arm ...maybe he pulled it off to mend his specs?
I love that ghostly echo going on ...oh I think its  a synth?
this is a fabulous assortment of tasty bits perfectly presented & delivered for us song connosieurs (not a good word to use as Im not sure how to spell it)
but as phil said it is superb :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

igg

• Solo Gig
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 09:34:49 PM »
Hi Kevin,

I so look forward to your songs....the plaintive vocal draped in rich textures and soaring harmonies...And in this,  you gave us a beautiful guitar opening   perfectly balanced mix and arrangement supports the lyric and sentiment....Real emotional artistry!!

ihor

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 10:03:53 PM »
Hi,

I'm pretty dumstruck really...this is simply superb, 'nuff said...! Well apart from saying your authentic and unique style never fails. How do you do it!?   :)  :)

Cheers Phil

Hi Phil, appreciate the comments, thank you, dunno where the songs come from really..hearing them all the time and manage to get some of them into the box... :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!