"The Key challenge"

• 75 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2023, 06:48:56 PM »
@pompeyjazz,

I'd forgotten that there is already a showcase soundcloud page in existence.  I'd be more than happy to add my work to this page.

Paul

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2023, 06:57:10 PM »
Hello John @pompeyjazz.  I've sent a track across to you for the soundcloud page.

Paul

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2023, 08:26:12 AM »
Great job…off for a listen now…I’m sure I’ll get some much needed inspiration 👍🏻
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2023, 09:42:19 AM »

Kafla

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2023, 06:29:00 PM »
Be back soon….

That’s my song written, produced and vocals down….need to spend some time mixing now….

It’s wonderfully bonkers  :o

Much love

Kafla 

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2023, 08:26:41 PM »
Thought I'd better not bump my song up the list again, but here's part of what robertwill had to say about my effort over on the other forum:

'Most of it is good but there's a part near the end that sounds amateurish. Sorry to be so harsh! Just my opinion!'

He maybe right of course but.. ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 08:36:08 PM by ChrisPrice »

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2023, 10:45:01 PM »
Just catching up on this for reviewing some of the entrants.  Do you have to use both keys?
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2023, 01:21:31 PM »
Hello @PeteS,  please feel free to take one of the remaining titles:

When .com Didn't Exist.   E Maj C#min
Caught In The Lens.         G Maj Emin
5 Miles From The Coast.   AM F#min

I think that they are all great titles and to be hones would have preferred either of the above over the title that I got in the drawer.

For anyone wishing to do the same please note that both Major and relative minor keys share the same chords.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2023, 10:52:34 PM »
Sorry for my tardy response on this thread... I have been playing around with this.. I've written 4 full lyrics, 3 I've thrown in the bin and I'm playing with the 4th at the moment...

I'm thinking I'm not suited to challenges - I've never written from a title and I'm not sure I can... The lyric I'm working on at the moment has the title as the opening line but I'm not too worried about that cos it's all about prompting a song so if I get a song out of it, regardless of fitting in the rules or not, I'm happy!

I shall update anon...

K

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2023, 10:40:46 AM »
Yeah…I’m still nowhere with this. I’d thrown a few chords together…and have the outline of a story with some lyrics, but seem to have lost the motivation on it. I’ll have another look at it this week and see what I can do.

popitup

• Busker
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2023, 04:46:55 AM »
I've posted my song contribution for this "Key Challenge" in the Finished Songs area of the forum . . . seems to be what everyone else did.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2023, 05:17:24 PM »
Well...this nearly killed me  :-[

Wrong key for my increasingly tired voice, no inspiration, apart from the shameful episode I decided to write about, and for a variety of reasons I've probably mentioned before, I really wasn't at the races for this one at all...but I said I'd do something and all of the other guys managed to get their shit together, so I felt I had to do something. I won't post it in "finished songs" as I haven't been reviewing, and it's anything but my finest moment, but here it is anyway. I didn't even bother picking up a guitar.

I was wrestling with a middle 8 and chorus but I just thought "what's the point" ?

I think I'm done here, this time...ta for everyone for inspiring me to keep at it. I will likely try and catch up on Zoom now and then.

I'll try and review the other entrants before I toddle off...thanks to Paul for making such a great effort to inject some life into the forum.

Starfish Prime

Your quest to escape
The scene of the crime
Clearly collectively
Losing your mind
Lighting it up
For the very first time
Destroying
Your own paradigm

You don’t come in peace
You come to deprave
You soil your own nest
Just to get what you crave
So it’s little surprise
That you reach for the stars
In search
Of new abattoirs

You see self-destruction
And seek to go faster
You turn to the dark side
And make it your master
There you boldly go
Embracing disaster
Perdition
Per ardua, ad Astra

It's about the time that the USA decided to detonate a 1.4 megaton atomic bomb in space. As you do. You could look it up, if you haven't already heard about it...it's not as though it was newsworthy or particularly interesting, after all. It was back in 1962 and although it was mentioned at the time, they later probably just decided to pretend it never happened...like an awful lot of other disgusting shit that goes on. It's the sort of thing that makes me wonder if I am actually on the same planet as these monsters.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 10:30:33 PM by PaulAds »