konalavadome

Songwriting Podcast Series

• 39 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2024, 08:54:07 PM »
Another cracker... Keep 'em coming @PaulAds - they're fab. I've always loved that song, such a great lyric!!

K

Nick Ryder

• Platinum Album
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2024, 07:50:03 AM »
Fab, @PaulAds

I had a quick watch but will watch properly on my lunch break.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2024, 09:27:26 AM »
Thanks, Nick and Karen…and all the other viewers…I’m still enjoying doing them.

It was a tough episode to do, as I must admit having doubts that the whole project was worthwhile…and it’s been because of the help and encouragement that I’ve received that have helped keep me going.

It’s hard to explain what I’m trying to do here…I see so much “content” (awful description) that is slick, ambitious, professional and shiny and a big hit with viewers, that I really fancied doing something that was coming from a completely different perspective.

I did have doubts about this episode in particular…wondering if the song itself was “good enough” and also whether the subject matter would probably mean it was a fairly doom-laden 15 minutes or so…but I wanted to show that perhaps something he can still be of some value, even if it isn’t particularly great, particularly funny or particularly successful.

To be honest, I could re-write or refine each episode before filming and make it smarter, better presented and funnier…but the whole point of it is to be less of those things, but more flawed and genuine…

Thanks again!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2024, 10:58:01 AM »
Great episode again. I get that that this being about a real person might make you think twice; but the quality of that song is unquestionable.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2024, 11:13:31 AM »
Thanks @adamfarr  you’re always so kind 😀

It’s funny, because the death has gone down in history (as far as I know) as being due to “natural causes” and what the impartial eyewitnesses know to have happened (or thought they knew what happened) will be forgotten. Perhaps, in this case, for the best.

I read a quote the other day saying that the lion doesn’t get to tell their side of the story…either the hunter writes the story…or there is no story…

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2024, 12:38:56 PM »

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2024, 01:50:46 AM »
Enjoying these very much Paul. Thanks for doing them. Gives a great insight into how you "work" and the chords you use. Hope you will do loads more.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2024, 08:13:41 PM »
These are great, Paul!! And you are so good at presenting...whoo! I never heard one "um" at all. You could give lessons!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2024, 11:52:54 PM »

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2024, 02:02:54 PM »
Consider me entertained!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2024, 08:12:25 PM »
Hi Paul, yeah your L&H song is one of my favourites of yours. Partly because it served as a sub-soundtrack to the movie about the pair that I’d recently seen at the time. It’s indeed very sad that they didn’t own the rights to their films, as you comment, and died with modest assets. I recently also heard that Bram Stoker had died before Dracula took off in a commercial way too. Unlucky that, eh?!

Maybe all this is pointing to you dying without enjoying the commercial success of your songwriting treasures. But some snotty nosed great great grandchild that you will never know may cunningly exploit these podcasts in the 22nd Century in his Museum of Early 21st Century Northern Creative Oddballs! I hope I will maybe join you there as a minor footnote. But anyway, these podcasts are great and who needs money anyway!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2024, 09:36:46 PM »
Fabliss! Educational, inspirational, entertaining... Loved this one too (newsflash!)...

Next!

K

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2024, 10:40:07 AM »
Thank you so much, everyone

@MonnoDB
@MichaelA
@CaliaMoko
@adamfarr
@pompeyjazz
@Nick Ryder
@5 guys named Lars
@rightly
@tboswell
@shadowfax

And Paul V too

I honestly wouldn’t be having my little bit of fun doing these without your very kind words of encouragement

Thanks!

Ps Any ideas or suggestions welcome!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2024, 01:11:40 PM »