konalavadome

What A Crazy Circus

• 7 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: September 17, 2024, 06:18:26 PM »
As often with my songs, what I envisage them sounding like when I start writing them and how they end up are two completely different things. This one decided to take on a life of it's own so I went with the flow. I don't think it follows any conventional songwriting rules, I just let it develop into what it developed into. So a bit of madcap musical mayhem for your ears  :)

V1
Acrobats flying overhead
Bring it to life....

Please don't disturb us
What a crazy circus

Ch
Running around the ring
Getting to do their thing
Please don't disturb us
What a crazy circus
What a crazy circus

V2
Scary clowns in the dead of night
They made you cry.....

Where are the animals ?
What a crazy circus

Ch2
Here comes another trick
It's gonna make me sick
Please don't disturb us
What a crazy circus
What a crazy circus

V3
Top hat Tommy and his band of chimps
Cracking the whip...

How they disturb us
What a crazy circus

V4
The show rolls on with another band
Trying their hand....

Will they surprise us ?
Or another crazy circus

Elvis Nash

• Platinum Album
  • https://nashvillecalifornia.com/listen-page/
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2024, 08:55:47 PM »
I tell ya after buying a Mac , I'm 90% less stressed . Pc's the circus in 150% at least with bombs away on bullshit
Great hook man , For sure.. if you keep an eye on it , it's a circus , it's a waste of my time sitting in bleachers cheering on chimps and clowns . good song man .

icystorm

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2024, 09:30:03 PM »
@pompeyjazz

An eclectic song with plenty of pop sensibility to glue it all together! Good stuff, man!

The instrumentation, mix, vocals, and lyrics were all great.

My favorite portion in the music was the guitar riff for a couple of bars from around 1:35 to 1:50, and again from 3:02 to 3:17. Constructively, I would have liked to hear that once again toward the end, but the song is fine as it is.

Cool circus music outro after the fade to silence at the end! Nice work! I enjoyed listening! :D

Cheers,
Joseph

Nick Ryder

• Platinum Album
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2024, 08:37:22 AM »
Morning. John @pompeyjazz

This is a lot of fun and has some great twists and turns. The stops with the solo bass are especially fun.

Nice catchy, melodic chorus too.

Top stuff!!!

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2024, 11:20:23 AM »
I love the idea of ​​this song about the circus, of course it's a very crazy circus!!!

Yes, It's a different composition,  I like the mix of sounds that appear and disappear, the stops announcing changes.

I like the sound of the guitar, ideal for the story.
Do you know what I miss here?
More volume on the backing, I think it's an interesting arrangement and, at least on my headphones, it stays a bit hidden except for the guitar on the right and the organ.
Very entertaining.

I've never liked clowns, they still make me cringe... despite Charlie River... The acrobats flying through the air made my stomach turn... and the tigers and lions when the tamer put his head inside their mouths... How horrible!!!! I don't know why the adults took the children there hahaha it was a horror show, in my way of feeling it....

Well, at least when the spectacle finished my fathers bought me chocolates and ice cream hahahha but I think I left with my eyes bigger, because of the terror  hahaha

Stay well @pompeyjazz
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2024, 06:07:00 PM »
@Elvis Nash Thanks for your listen and comments

@icystorm Thanks for your great feedback. I guess I could have added that part again but always seem to be conscious of song length. I don't know why as it doesn't really matter

@Nick Ryder Thanks for your feedback as ever Nick. Really appreciate it and hope that you enjoyed the listen.

@moraamarolaloba Thanks Mora - I think I've only been to a circus once and couldn't say that I was over impressed. Yeah, the clowns are scary ! I think I was about 8 or 9 when I went to the circus and the only thing that I really remember was coming home with a few boxes of tea as the event was sponsored by Typhoo

kevysc

• Stadium Tour
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2024, 10:08:11 AM »
@pompeyjazz Wonderfully offbeat composition! Love the stops, really adds to the dynamics of the track. Not sure if it's just me, but this one is LOUD :)  Well done, Kevin

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2024, 11:36:37 AM »
Ha ha!

A madcap, woozy fairground ride of unbridled old-fashioned fun and games.

And a timely reminder that we should all be trying to have a much fun as possible, while it’s still possible.

Excellent stuff John

I’m off to try and write something fun now.

Hold my candy-floss 🤡
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter