Hello, how are you

• 17 Replies

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:48:11 PM »
 Here's something completely different ;D ;D ;D..I posted this a few weeks ago under a thread in 'The Bar' about mistakes and embarrassing songs...It started of as a sort of happy song you could sing while washing the windows...that sort of thing ;D  But about a quarter of the way through the lyrics/vocals started to go wrong.....instead of stopping and starting again, we just ploughed on and it got crazier and crazier ;D ;D and ended up as this.....After listening to it a few times since, It's really started to grow on me, and a few people on the forum have said they like it as it is......so I thought I'd put it up for review......Don't expect too much folks, but I think it has a sort of charm  ;D ;D  And it certainly was a 'blast' recording it....if not a tad self-indulgent ;D ;D  http://soundcloud.com/binladeda/hello-how-are-you      I'd post the lyrics, but they just 'deteriorate' after a verse or two ;D ;D ;D
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 03:45:50 PM »
Wow that thing really leaps out of the speakers - what a great sound. It's the kind of song that gets you up and dancing and singing along with out of tune at the end of a particularly good night.

Impossible not to tap your feet and impossible to not like; irisistable stuff. I have to say that this is a wonderful thing indeed. Loved the milkfloat reference at the end. Great songwriting, great playing and top notch "feel". Cheered me up no end.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 05:24:14 PM »
That is catchy, very good
not all the backing singing is spot on key

weird stuff, but good

and some keys, hammond organ sound or something like that would fit  :)

nice

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »
Hi Bin,

The bits when everyone joins in randomly singing along are the highlight for me. I love quirkiness like that. "Here comes the milkfloat," - them were the days!
Nice one.

Digger

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 07:48:34 PM »
dont think i've ever heard anything from you that sounds the same! seems like you always coming up with something different! wanting to push the boundries! great stuff! theres always something weird and crazy and wonderful going on somewhere in there! whens the album out? i want it on me iphone!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 08:00:52 PM »
very jolly happy tune  ;D
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 08:02:36 PM »
Wow Bin, this gets me from the get go. Really punchy and so adictive it should come with a warning!!!

This is one of the best and it gets the big thumbs up from me. Maybe a tad untidy in places but wow what a song.

Kudos to you
Allan.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 08:45:32 PM »
i ll be honest bindaddy i love your voice but i didnt like the song at all
even the whistling couldnt save it for me
i know its a song gone wrong so its interesting to listen to & sort of entertaining but thats it realy
your voice tho is something else!
sorry to be so negative but i like to be honest :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 09:22:59 PM »
This is brilliant.  I really want you to get this recorded to perfection and then off to some music supervisors and get it on the ads/tv/film .  It has everything they are looking for at the moment the lyrics are great too.  The backing vocals need looking at in places but Tina's right your voice is something else.

Best you get cracking then!!!  ;D

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 12:41:06 AM »
great feel bin , grooves along lovely, great big smile on its face.
like your vocal and the whistling has me reaching for me dads roger whittiker lps !
and the backing vocals , beach boys on a jolly on a coach trip
great stuff
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 03:17:54 PM »
That's one extremely catchy song :)
Flossie is spot on about the TV ad remark, this could really go far!
Cool guitars, and those great, kind of gritty vocals with harmonies... there's even whistling ;D... what more can I ask for?
The only thing sounding a bit off are the high piched 'lalala's. Apart from that I think you got just about everything right with this one!
Bet you had a blast doing this too.

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 08:03:49 PM »
Nice clear recording of a song that shows how versatile you are as a writer.  It really is very upbeat and fits in perfectly with a number of 60's style/influenced songs.  The whistling works very well too! 

Another enjoyable listen Bin - please don't stop posting!  :)

refusedrevival

• Solo Gig
    • Refused Revival
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
You have great feeling ... I have to take a beer and listen it again  ;D
The whistling works very well and the song has good rhythm

Good suff!

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 07:21:14 AM »
Thanks guys, for taking the time to listen and comment on my song....I'm extremely flattered by your kind words.                                                                                                                                                             Tina; I'm OK with you 'not liking' the song....I don't expect everyone to like it..In fact, I wasn't to sure myself  ;D ;D....you could never upset me, I love you too much xx ::)                                              Paul; I won't stop posting here....I love this place.  Heavily involved in collabs with people here at present...so, hopefully more songs coming soon ;                                                                                     Flossie; Don't know about the 'recorded to perfection' bit ..can you recommend a good 'music supervisor' ?  Thanks for the compliments about my singing. I'm never confident or comfortable with singing...it never sounds how I want it too.  I think it's just too personal, and I can't seem to 'control' how it comes out.....and find that very frustrating.  In the end , I usually just say 'sod it, that'll do' and leave it......Hehe, you're going to find that out soon  ;D                                         Nooms, Michael, Allan, Monty;  Always a real pleasure, and a boost to my confidence, to get such positive comments from songwriters I hold in high regard...I'm very pleased, and humbled, that you get enjoyment from listening to my songs.                                                                                   refusedrevival; Thanks...I should imagine the more beers you have, the better this will sound.  So have a couple more on me ;D                                                                                              MSOP;  Album??  didn't think they made them anymore....but yes, I do strive to keep things different, and I love trying out new ideas....Dubstep, coming your way soon ;D                              Digger; Yes, those were the days ;D ....I can remember nicking a good few pints off those milk floats, rolling home drunk, in the early hours. We might have bumped into each other ;D                           Andy;  ;D ;D ;D Thanks mate                                                                                                  Dutch;  Yes, I am weird. As you well know ;D  And proud of it !!!                                                      Well, I thought I'd sussed out how to work this text stuff, so I could answer you all individually. But I just pressed preview, and it's a big mess ;D  Maybe next time.....I'm going to post it anyway, hope you don't mind ;D ;D   Thanks again guys...love you all
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
    • Michael Holmes Singer Songwriter Official Site
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 12:05:34 AM »
This song reminded me of the Vibe I felt when I first heard RAM, by Paul. Very loose (many parts not locked timing wise) but with a certain charm of realness to it...certainly enough to develop is here. I am always very guilty of losing the basic real feel for the produced sound so when I hear a track that is just a fun inspired raw track I get a good vibe...and I got a good vibe from this!