konalavadome

Blues Rocker - New Song from my band :-)

• 19 Replies

krish

• Busker
    • Krish Band Page
« on: December 23, 2012, 11:44:48 AM »
Hey guys,

I'd love to know what you think of this track my band recorded. I write all the songs for the band (or at least all the songs thus far) but all the guys/girl are responsible for creating their own parts and get heavily involved in sculpting all the tracks. We're going for a rock/pop/synth type of thing, though this falls mainly into the first two categories! Hope you enjoy it but, as always with this place, please be as honest as you like!

Here's the link

https://soundcloud.com/krishband/blues-rocker

Here's my bands facebook page (for some context!)

http://www.facebook.com/krishband

and the lyrics:

Blues Rocker

Come see the girl down my street, she could tear you up in a heartbeat.
Well don’t you see the sunlight from her eyes.
I could take you for a ride, what d’you say, what d’you say, what d’you say
Hey you’re too beautiful.

Outside, inside of me, she’s like a polyphonic muse man you wouldn’t believe
I guess I need her love
I’m like what you wanna be, so let me tell you something, don’t lie, don’t lie to me,
Coz then I’ll get ya get ya!

She’s a blues rocker, sing like ya, like you know, wanna be like her, see like her, and I know
Come on,
See now, see now, what I mean, coz there ain’t nobody singing for me

You wanna lose it, you wanna lose it,
I wanna let your soul outside I,
I can’t lose it, don’t wanna lose it
I wanna set your soul light so alive!

What d’you need?
Coz I got some
I can be your fear
If you want it all
You know it’s not enough
You know it’s not enough
You know it’s not enough

Oh you look so quality my love I wanna get you on my side
And you take my sanity, I wish I couldn’t get you on my eyes.
Blues rock, blues rock, now you see now she’s not gonna let you go
Peace now, peace now, coz you know there ain’t no song my soul can’t show

You wanna lose it, you wanna lose it,
I wanna let your soul outside I,
I can’t lose it, don’t wanna lose it
I wanna set your soul light so alive!

What d’you need?
Coz I got some
I can be your fear
If you want it all
You know it’s not enough
You know it’s not enough
You know it’s not enough

Oooh yeah
She’s like my highs
Oooh yeah
And how do you get your piece my man I, I don’t know coz she don’t.

She don’t care no she don’t believe it
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:57:28 PM by krish »

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 01:44:06 PM »
I`m getting a bit old for this sort of rock song,,..the energy levels seem to be on max....If your aiming at a 16-28 audience i reckon they will love it jumping up and down.
Good song..good guitars..liked the vocals.. ;)

krish

• Busker
    • Krish Band Page
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 06:57:43 PM »
Thanks for having a listen.  :)

I guess that is actually the age range we are aiming at. We are all between 20-25 yrs old and want to make things as current as possible, but trying also to stay true to our roots. I grew up listening to nothing but Oasis, The Who, Kula Shaker and anything 90s Brit-Pop. I suppose we're looking to make a modern version of that sort of ilk.

Appreciate your time in making a comment.  :)

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 11:22:56 PM »
excellent krish,
& your vocalist is tremendous
great performance all round
really exciting track recorded well sounds live and spontaneous, cant fault it..
ive not a clue what its about but dont care..

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
    • Michael Holmes Singer Songwriter Official Site
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 11:34:09 PM »
Great Female voice, but around 1;56 when then rappin overdub came in I was ready to walk away. No hooks in my opinion, a TON of talent all over the track on drums, and guitars, but there is no memorable sing along hooks either vocally or instrumentally and that middle section is not my bag (though I am old) I wanted to turn the track off at that point...but agin the female singer is very, very good, and with meaningful lyrics could deliver some great music!

Dutchbeat

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 01:39:38 PM »
that rocks! great vocals

the stereo effect in the beginning is a bit too much, in my opinion, well on my head phones

but great energy!!!!!!!!!

Ivar Sand

• Busker
  • The Office Band featuring myself
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 08:08:21 PM »
I think that I am too old for this type of music and lyrics, but I'll try anyway.

This sounds very professional to me. I like the female singer especially, she is excellent.

However, the lyrics confuse me. I do not understand them. First, the female singer sings the first line, which is about some girl (girl #1). My interpretation is that the female singer impersonates some other girl (girl #2). Then the male singer sings the next line, which I assume is about the girl talked about in the first line (girl #1). Then the female singer sings the third line that has text in the first person. Here, I fail to understand whether she is girl #1 or girl #2.
A beginning amateur songwriter. Application: GarageBand '11.

krish

• Busker
    • Krish Band Page
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 10:53:12 PM »
Thanks for all the comments so far guys, making a lot of sense. I fully appreciate that the style and lyrics won't be for everybody.

In light of clearing up some confusion, the girl singer sings about a different girl in the first line, and then reveals that she actually is the girl she is singing about in the 3rd line. I can completely see why this is confusing and is probably not constructed very well on my part.

I'm glad that in general people are enjoying the energy though! Definitely what we were going for.

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 10:23:52 PM »
Gonna review this in bullet points as this is how they are coming to me

PROS
Lots of energy. Great vocals. Tight production. Tight playing. Can imagine this would be great live. Very well thought out, clear artistic intent and I can feel the blood sweat and tears

CONS
Unfocused. I don't know where I am being taken. Melodic yet too busy in each line. Too many disparate vocal lines, no (clear, on first listen) hooks. Production is so clean as to be nearly lifeless. Over cooked ending.

To me this sounds like a very talented group that is still finding its writing feet. This track is very good but doesnt quite let me in. BUT, considering the strength of the components you should be revved up and determined; you could have something great, I would definitely want to her more songs and where your writing goes!

www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

AlexMo

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 01:17:01 AM »
It's not my cup of tea... maybe it should be, I'm only 18 but my music tastes are far older than I am  :D However, it sounds really well produced and I wouldn't be able to tell this apart from professional music from the genre (although it's something I know nothing about). Really great vocals and a tight performance from the rest of the band.

vibesville

• Open Mic
  • That would be me then ;)
    • Listen to me here! :)
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 02:31:04 AM »
Production is polished but is a little to clean as James mentioned.
The song doesn't keep me interested and lyrically it seems disjointed, if you know what I mean.
Good vocals though and there's a lot of talent just looking for direction :)
“Acoustic laid back new wave punk indie folk with a sprinkle of deep meaningful day to day observations on how the world goes round and round and round and sometimes I actually notice this happening and decide it’s worthy enough to write a song about.”

https://www.facebook.com/vibesville
http://www.youtube.com/vibesville

Promote yourself here!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Share-the-Vibe/

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
    • Michael Holmes Singer Songwriter Official Site
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 03:52:41 AM »
I totally agree with James comment regarding a "talented group still trying to find their way" ---and that's a POSITIVE ...

krish

• Busker
    • Krish Band Page
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 12:52:36 AM »
Great comments so far guys, lots of food for thought and many things that wouldn't have even occurred to us without your honesty!

I think finding the right Production for these sorts of songs is a particularly difficult balance, but I'm very proud of what we achieved with this in that regard, especially as we did it all ourselves.

Alex Stevens

• Busker
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 09:04:48 PM »
This has so much energy; I really enjoyed listening to it. The vocals are amazing.  This is a good track.

However I generally agree with most of the previous comments.  Perhaps it does rely a little too much on the production and outstanding vocal performance and there are no really memorable original hooks either vocally or instrumentally.

I also really struggled to understand the meaning of the lyrics in places (see v below).  You're also seem to be trying too hard in some sections and perhaps the arrangement is slight too complex.  There's still an awful lot to be said for a simple verse (climb) chorus verse (climb)chorus middle eight guitar solo verse (climb) chorus structure with only a small amount of variation. Otherwise it's too much  for the listener to follow especially on the first hearing. It would also be helpful(for me anyway because I'm slow)if you indicated the different song sections on your lyric sheet.
Looking at some specific parts of the song in order:

i) The first 3 seconds don't seem to fit with the rest of introduction, ie it sounds like a key change.

ii) The panning accompaniment may be slightly too distorted.  I'd leave the distortion to the main power chords which work very well, and the Guitar solos/riffs.

iii) I concur with the previous comment regarding changing from the third person to the first person in the first verse.  I think this is too confusing.
Why don't you just sing "She could take you for a ride".  Also there's too much of a clash between "what d'you say, what d'you say"
and Hey you're too beautiful.

iv) The guitar riff at 0:41 seems to get lost in the mix.

v) Are you happy with the following lyrics?
Peace now, peace now, coz you know there ain't no song my soul can't show
I can be your fear
(these really confused me)

vi) The "watery ending" after 4:11 is definitely way over the top.  I've heard several bands try to use this type of effect but it really doesn't fit in well with what we've heard previously which is essentially guitar based.  I'd just fade after 4:05 - the tracks already long enough anyway.

Sorry if this seems over-critical, but I think it's important to give specific constructive feedback.

By the way I've recorded and posted a few songs which are the complete opposite, ie the production and vocal performance are poor but the melodies are possibly more original?? and the song structure and lyrics are simpler. I'd welcome your feedback. It may also be worthwhile you trying to record them to widen your repertoire and experience if you think they have any potential.

Best of luck,

Alex S

krish

• Busker
    • Krish Band Page
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 09:00:57 PM »
Please don't assume that our repertoire needs expanding with your material after listening to one song. Whilst I'm sure it was not intended as such, I found that to be a little insulting.

For your other comments though, I am grateful.  :)